Friday, July 4, 2014

happy birthday Americal

The bed rest chronicles continue.

As part of our celebration of America, earlier today I took a nap. I did not intend to take a nap but I was overcome with sleepiness while reading.

When I woke up several hours later, I was very hungry for a hamburger (minus the ham), french fries and a chocolate shake. I tried to think about the cabbage salad in the fridge but it did not work. I knew what I wanted.

The great thing about being 823.5 weeks pregnant and spending 1/3rd of that time in bed is that your husband is willing to give you anything you want. So, I mention that I am craving the most unhealthy meal in the world and he says no problem. Where do you want to go? (He's a peach!)

We went to the Shake Shack. They can accomodate my being vegetarian and Josh's being gluten free AND, most importantly, they have chocolate shakes. We've never eaten there but I felt confident in the choice for the chocolate shake since its pretty much in their name.

I intended to take pictures of my delicious food to share but by the time we got there, ordered and they brought our food to us, my stomach was pretty much eating itself from the inside out. I was 2/3 of the way through the meal when I thought to take a picture. I thought about it for 1.2987325 seconds before I took another bite of food and moved on. I will just have to trust that you have seen burgers, fries, and chocolate shakes before in your life. If not, please crawl out from under the rock where you have been living and go experience real life.

Happy Birthday America!

Love,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment