Tuesday, April 8, 2014

New Jersey is holding my rocking chair hostage

The very first pregnancy/baby item we purchased was a rocking chair. I was thrilled.

As per my usual thrifty self, I planned to find one on Craig's List. For me the rocking chair is an important purchase. I wanted a comfortable chair to rock Joey. I wanted a nice footstool where I could put my feet up. And, with the surge of hormones, I felt pretty darn maternal and a rocking chair seems as maternal as it gets.

So, I looked and looked and looked on Craig's List and finally found a chair that I thought I liked. About this time, Josh reminded me that we had a ton of Pottery Barn gift cards left over from our wedding 5 1/2 years ago that we'd never spent.

I had forgotten about them. At the time, I agonized about what we should buy. I came really close to buying a rug but was indecisive. I decided to ponder the purchase to make sure I REALLY wanted the rug. Days turned into weeks into months and years. We never bought the rug.

So, with all that free money burning a hole in our pockets, we decided to use the gift cards to buy a rocking chair.

We went to Pottery Barn.

We sat in all the chairs.

We debated the merits of rocker vs glider. BIG CHOICES

We both loved the beautiful wingback rocking chair and bought it with a dozen wedding gift cards.

Since February, I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for my chair.

Finally, March 21st I got an email that said the chair and ottoman were on their way!!!!

Happy Day!

But heres the sad part. My rocking chair has been in New Jersey since March 24th. Almost 3 weeks.

I am not sure why it is there but I am beginning to believe that New Jersey is holding my chair hostage.
So I say:

Dear New Jersey,
Give me my chair. Please.
Respectfully and with the slightest irritation,

Amy

PS - If it is ever liberated, I will post pictures of my wonderful chair.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for your recent visits to my blog - great to hear from you. And congrats on your little-boy-in-the-making! I may be a bit biased, but baby boys are pretty great. So are Pottery Barn rocking chairs - we love ours, so I hope yours arrives soon and you can start breaking it in while you wait for the little one's arrival. Also: thanks for the comment about feeling hope that normal life does continue after a little one... It really does, though with some major differences - and some major improvements. You've inspired me to write a post on the topic!

    ReplyDelete