Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Shoe Fail and a Soggy Sock


Apparently after three winters of salt and snow and ice and chemicals and three springs + two falls of rain and mud, my boots have given out.

They have cracked in protest from misuse and abuse.



Truthfully, I noticed the small crack a few weeks ago but apparently I forgot. So, on Monday morning I pulled on my boots as I rushed out the door and fearlessly entered the rain. Somewhere in the middle of my morning to-dos I realized that my sock was soggy and my foot was wet. Clearly cracked boots are not as waterproof as their uncracked counterparts. I suppose they are merely "water resistant."

Obviously, I could use a new pair of boots. Last time, I happened upon a pair of Sperry boots that were on clearance for $40. It was a pretty great deal considering how long they lasted and the utter abuse they endured. This time I am thinking of breaking down and buying a pair of Hunter boots. I know they are sturdy and should be able to handle three seasons of shoe abuse. On the other hand, they are a hefty chunk of change.

Here is the dilemma:

- Do I buy new boots now in preparation for the soggy days of spring and fall?

OR

- Do I wait for winter and ask for a pair for my birthday when one can legitimately justify the expense of Hunter boots?

OR

- Do I buy a cheaper pair of Target boots to fill the boot hole until next winter rolls around?

Normally my inclination is to wait for a sale but Hunter boots do not really go on sale....

Decisions...Decisions...Decisions...
Anyone of my non-existant blog readers have thoughts? I'm all ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment